Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Three...it's the magic number

Isn't it great to have the reveal on the first of the month?  Now by the 3rd, you can get down to business with your kit.  Speaking of the 3rd, the first challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is to use:

3 pieces of patterned paper
3 embellishments
3 word title

Three...it's the magic number!  (If any of you out there grew up with Schoolhouse Rock, then you'll know the song and it will probably be stuck in your head the rest of the day...sorry!)  It is sometimes helpful to limit our choices and hone in on just a few elements, especially when you have a kit brimming with so many goodies. Anything to prevent the dreaded Scrapbook Overwhelm Syndrome (aka SOS!).  Since I've been on scrappy hiatus due to the holidays, this was the perfect formula to help me get back up to speed.  Here's what I came up with using my "Lingering Season" January Kit:




So, let's see how I did following the rules here.  
Three pieces of patterned paper - 2 pieces from October Afternoon and I'm going to call that journaling card (also October Afternoon) a piece of patterned paper.  That works, right?

Three embellishments - 1 strip of washi (Recollections), 2 chipboard pieces (k & co.)

Three word title - better watch out (Webster's Pages)
(Don't count that stray artificial wreath needle I see on this bottom picture...oops!)

It looks like I accomplished my first challenge as a Design Team Member!  Whew!

Now go ahead and you try...it's easy because 3 is the magic number!

12 comments:

  1. uh-oh, this may be a hard one for me, but you did a darling page! I noticed Daddy almost made the naughty list??? Wondering how he redeemed himself, lol! How perfectly charming :~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I love your photo-eye! How did you do this interesting viewpoint? I may have to copy it for my food or art photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denine...I just put the layout on the floor (that's how the stray needle got in there) and then I laid on the floor and took it from that angle. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Love the way you used that background paper. And you did a fantastic job with your first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That title is fabulous! Love everything about this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! I love how you've used so many photos and still it looks not over loaded. The jouranling card is sweet, and so are the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page - so bright and warm - love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun page, and I love how you've used the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout looks great! I don't know how I'd do with the limits - only 3 embellies?! That scares me! I love your column of three photos on the left with 'joy' underneath, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the arrangement of photos on this page - the three smaller ones down the side really add some lovely detail. Such a happy christmas page. I have yet to do this challenge (for the hop!) so I'm looking around for ideas - you know that three embellies will be hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute page - love the colours and the journaling right onto the background paper. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute and I agree...the "3" made me make a commitment and stick to it. Great layout and I LOVE LOVE LOVE October afternoon!

    ReplyDelete