Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stretching out the Season - 2 More Layouts

If you saw my post detailing my Counterfeit Kit "Lingering Season" earlier this month, you know how much I dread letting go of the holidays.  While my Christmas oriented kit is still out, I did manage to take down almost all of my Christmas decorations.  I did leave the little white candlestick lights in the windows - they just add a warm glow to the cold, dark winter and I also kept the wreath and topiaries on my mantle.  They seem more wintery with snowy owls, skates and snowflakes than just exclusively Christmas.



Here's how I'm extending the holidays in my scraproom:


First we have the Cookie Cutter Challenge.  Since I host a Christmas Cookie Exchange each year, I knew right away that I would want to feature the abundance of cookies that entered into our home that day (and ultimately, our bellies!)

This year I made a cookie called, "Angel Face" cookies.  Since the theme for this cookie exchange was highlighting your signature style, I thought this was perfect since I'm pretty much a "by the book" sort of gal and (little known fact) I was voted "Class Angel" in high school.  Yes, go ahead...call me goodie two shoes or basically a geek, but it's just who I am and I was ok with it then and now!    So when I saw the angel cookie cutter in my bin, I knew I had an idea cooking (or baking, in this case).  I'm not a master of misting, by any means, but I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.  I made my own mist using those little misting bottles and some acrylic paint diluted with water.  I would have preferred a more misted look rather than those larger dots, but I especially like the white space or glow that was left around the angel.  I finished it off with some glimmer mist, which really can only be seen in person, but does add that angelic, heavenly feel.  I won't even get into how wonky this page is...even after sitting under several heavy books all week!

The second page I created used this sketch from Page Maps provided over at CKC.  Here's my interpretation:

 (sorry about the flash...forgot to turn it off!)

It was fun to add those little speech bubbles (made from my Cricut...something I hardly ever use!)  And even though I have a variety of very busy patterns going on, it all seems to work.  I'm not sure how, but I think it does!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to say hello in the comments below.  Even better, click the "Follow" button to the right to keep on top of all my scrappy endeavors.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Love how you used that cookie cutter! Your misting came out WAAAAAY better than mine! LOL! I also love the speech bubbles you used. I need to see if one of my cartridges have those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmed by both of your pages :~)
    The Angel Cookie really caught that airy quality, and I love how the "halo" was left - love a happy accident!
    And all that yummy patterned paper on the singalong page?
    Adore it - what great pics you got of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cookie-cutter misting - so clever, especially with the photo which also seemed to have a play on light in the background. Fab pages :o)

    ReplyDelete