Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge October Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Welcome, once again, to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal Blog Hop.  Our counterfeiting journey begins over at the CKC blog here and if you've been hopping in order you should have arrived here via Leslie's       blog with the Magic Blue Box.  A warm welcome to Stacy, our talented guest designer this month.

This month's inspiration is brought you by Cocoa Daisy.  "5th and Main" is a beautiful kit with shades of blue, pops of pink and turquoise, and a luscious floral.  Take a look here:

September 2013 kit "5th & Main"

I was immediately drawn in to the various shades of blue that made me think of well-worn denim and soft chambray.

Allow me to present to you my very comfortable October Counterfeit Kit...


Is there not anything better than a great fitting pair of jeans coupled with a feminine floral shirt?  Or a soft, over-sized chambray shirt with a pair of black leggings?  And don't even get me started on the denim ruffles on that skirt!  Now, let me just make a fabric note here.  I know chambray is technically not denim, but it does have the same look when shown in a light blue.  The reality is that "Floral and Denim Soiree" doesn't roll off the tongue like "Floral and Chambray Soiree" does!  So CHAMBRAY wins :)

Let's head over to the clothesline to see what's hanging out today!

My all-time favorite denim paper by Basic Grey had to make the cut, as well as those light blue Scrabble tile Thickers.  Some floral paper by Maggie Holmes adds that feminine touch needed to make our soiree complete.  While not multi-color like in the inspiration, the solid wood-tone ruler paper steps in as a close second.  And, I adore that multi-patterned/mulit-colored alpha sheet by October Afternoon.  Such a feminine feel!

What's that?  You'd like a closer look in the basket?  Sure thing!  I just cut some fresh wildflowers before hanging out the laundry.  There may be a few scrap goodies in there, as well.

I can not tell a lie.  The Lucky Charm 6x6 Paper Pad was purchased with this kit in mind.  I don't usually do that as we are supposed to be using up stash, but it was calling my name!   I was shopping at TJ Maxx (a discount store where you can often find scrappy supplies at rock bottom prices) and when I saw the colors and patterns of that paper pad, I just HAD to buy it.  Good news, though...it was only $2.99!  More of the tiny type letters are a MUST for my kits these days.  Pink adds the perfect pop against the blue.

Next let's zero in on the printer's tray full of yummy embellishments.

 I really enjoy using this tray to keep all of my kit pieces sorted each month.  This was also another TJ Maxx find on clearance.  My chipboard bicycle mimics the metal paper clip style ones in the kit.  I briefly thought about bending some paper clips to try and make a bike, but thought, "ummm...NO!  I not THAT much of a Master Forger!"  This Basic Grey chippie works for me!
Film strip pieces and those cobalt blue gems also work well as copies of those in the kit.

Here we are at the other end of the clothesline...


I followed the color palette for the solid cardstock exactly and then added some denim textured papers by Authentique.  The B sides are just as gorgeous as the A's so I can't say for sure what you will see in my layouts to come.  Attached to the bottom are 2 of the Lucky Charm papers that just really matched the inspiration nicely.

Let's stand back in the sunshine and take one more look...


Well, now that my laundry is dry and smelling fresh from the outdoor breezes, it is time to bring it in...along with my scrap supplies.  Let's get scrapping (and folding...UGH!).

Be sure to hop along to Millisa next who will share her take on this month's Cocoa Daisy kit.  The complete list for the hop is listed below.

Guest Designer: Stacy http://stacy.typepad.com/stacys_paper_crafts/
Angela http://colestoucan.blogspot.co.uk/
Dawn http://dawnsscrapbookcottage.blogspot.com
Jemma http://just-jimjams.blogspot.com/





17 comments:

  1. Another beautiful kit, beautifully presented. We has the sister shop TKMaxx here in the UK and although we get the odd bargain there are none as good as those at TJMaxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you show us your kit, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy, yummy, yummy. That is a delightful kit and I always look forward to seeing how you will stage your kits each month, it really brightens my day. Thank you and bless you. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kit you put together and the presentation of it all. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kit and your presentation. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynnette your kit's are always amazing & this one is no exception! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully displayed - love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great a set up for your photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the MASTER STAGER of these fab kits each month! I always hop to you first in great anticipation. I have some of those Lucky Charm papers, too - a sweetheart of a deal at Michael's last month. The colors are wonderful. And you box of goodies - yummy! Will be looking for that bicycle this month :~D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you displayed your kit. So cute and fresh. great idea. This is my first time visiting this site. I just found out about it yesterday. Cannot wait to see what you make with your kit. You inspired me to order the tile letter from thickers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kit and your photo styling is superb! Cute kit name too. Well done all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette you are a STAR! Once again you win on the presentation of your kit. It's reached the point where I am excited to come to your blog to see what fun staging you will ahve this time. And a simply gorgeous kit too. You are going to have so much fun with this one! love it. Gold star to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your presentations are always so fun & creative!! Love how you introduced your kit this month. I'm also loving all the embellishments and die cuts I see! Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  14. GIIIRRRL, you always have such an amazing presentation. I need to step up my game if I'm going to keep coming right behind you in the hop! LOL! I really like all those tags you included and that yellow washi is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooooooooh! I want to play with your kit!! Its looks amazing, and your setting out is just adorable!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The presentation of your kit is so pretty.I always look forward to seeing what you do.The kit looks awesome & I'm sure you will have fun with it.Lucky we don't live close or the printers tray would go missing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have some wonderful items in your kit this month! Will be fun to play with for sure!

    ReplyDelete