Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Members Blog Hop - September



Oh, hello there!  I didn't see you at the door.  Come on in and stay a while!  Did you just come from Sherrie's blog?  I'm sure she had a wonderfully creative project to share with you.  Can I offer you a cup of tea?  (well, actually, you may have to get that for yourself!)

Anyway...welcome!  I have a quick post to share with you today.  I've been busy, busy, busy with scrappy deadlines, but wanted to take part in this hop to show you a creation from my September Kit, "Spa Retreat".  If you don't remember, this kit is all about peace and serenity and what could be more serene than BUTTERFLIES?

Take a look...


As it states in the journaling, the butterflies just about posed for the camera during this photo shoot.

I used this sketch from "Page Maps" that I found on the Scrapbook & Cards Today's facebook page.  I've been finding this to be a great resource for inspiration.  I followed the foundation pretty closely and then spread my wings and made it my own in the end.

Photo: Have you seen the bonus PageMaps sketches in the fall issue?  http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/sketches-fall-2013



I thought a little bit of tulle was a good nod to a butterfly net.  I wanted to include a pop of yellow to tie in to the butterfly's wings.  The only yellow letter stickers I had were pretty used up.  I determined my title based on the letters I had on hand.  Perfect way to use up those rag-tag letter stickers.


Not much to say here, but this little tag (thanks Leslie) fits the bill.


A little bit of ripping, distressing and tying up makes this photo complete.

And that is all for today!  I'd love to sit and chat for a while, but Julie is waiting for you.  I'm sure she has something fabulous to share!  Thanks for stopping by!  Do come back soon!


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful page and thanks for the cuppa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used, thanks for sharing this beautiful sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely lovely! There is so much detail on here that I need to go back for a second look. The kit you are using was so beautiful - I'm not surprised that it would work so well for these pretty butterfly snaps. Love how layered this is, and rich with pattern. Def a FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love butterflies and woodgrain together nice layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kit=beautiful layouts! Love the soothing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great take on the sketch...who can resist butterflies (my fav)?? Loved that you tucked in subtle touches of texture in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tea - just what I needed. It's a lovely page and the photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love photographing butterflies - just a little more challenging than flowers since they may just fly off. You've made me think it's about time I got some scrapped. Thanks for sharing your page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright yellows and the sewing and the string. Gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures and I love the touch of tulle, very serene!

    ReplyDelete