Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September Reveal and Blog Hop

And just like that...summer is over!  

Well, THAT went fast!

Looking forward to my favorite time of year and the opportunity to spend some time crafting now that the kids are back to school.

Lovely Master Forger, Clair has chosen a perfect kit to get us in the mood for the change of season.
Take a look at "Lost River" from Studio Calico.



As you may recall from my recent every-other-month participation here at CKC, I've been finding it helpful to "doctor-up" a collection that reminds me of the inspiration.  This month is no exception.  This strategy helps me to put together a quick kit with a dash of my own style.

Here's my kit for September...

Always Something There to Remind Me
(And if you're an 80's girl like me, that will be an ear worm for you!)




Lately when I see the inspiration  I think...
Oh, that reminds me of such and such!

For this kit, I immediately thought of the "Wildflower" collection from Carta Bella from a few years back.  It was the perfect starting point with the nature-type vibe and the photo-realistic papers.
I subbed some kraft bags for the envelopes and used a similar cursive handwriting primer washi tape.  Would have loved for it to have been in the rich green, but that's the way of counterfeiting.  You gotta make it work with what you have.  Gold thickers were an easy add.  I do know I have some mini felt pennants somewhere in my stash, but they were hiding!  Hopefully I'll find them by month's end.

I'm quite pleased with my kit and the method I used to put it together.  You'll be sure to see at least one layout from this kit, but I really do hope to get to more creating!  I'll keep you posted.

Here's the blog hop order.  Please welcome our guest designer, Jess!



Now go find something in your stash that reminds you of the inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment