Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July Reveal and Blog Hop

Welcome to July!  It is finally summer and we are ready for easy, breezy carefree days.

Our Master Forger, Kelly has chosen a Cocoa Daisy kit for us to copy entitled "Walden Pond".


Such bright, fresh colors!

Lately my kit building needs to be fast and easy.  I've found the best way for me to approach this jiffy process is to "doctor up" an existing collection.  You know when you're cooking and you take pre-made ingredients and add your own special touch?  Well, this is what has been working for me.

Here's my take on this month's kit.  I'm calling it...

Boardwalk Bound!




I started with the Fancy Pants "Nautical" Collection.  It has the red, lime and blue color connection that mimics the inspiration.  I added a bright yellow distressed piece from Basic Grey and a wood plank sheet that you also see on the far left of the inspiration photo.  Some bright red Thickers, some wire ampersands, straws and tickets (also from the collection), and beachy die cut cards round out my choices for embellishments.

Are you short on time?
Don't feel like re-inventing the wheel, so to speak?
Doctor up a collection that reminds you of the inspiration and make it your own!

Be sure to visit our other Master Forgers on the blog hop.  

Here's the order and first up is our guest designer, Megan.

Welcome to our scrappy world, Megan!

Guest Designer - Megan Blethen - http://www.craftymeggy.com/

Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment