Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

CKC Challenge #3 - Think Spring!

It's finally looking and feeling like spring around here in the northeast United States, but it has been painfully slow going.  I didn't know how dreadful our winter was going to be when we planned our family vacation over Spring Break back in January.  This vacay couldn't have come at a better time as even the Tuesday before break brought yet another snowfall!  We planned a trip to sunny Southern California spending most of our time in San Diego and a quick trip up to LA for the obligatory Hollywood tourist stops and this was just what the doctor ordered to beat our Winter and even early Spring blues.

Truth be told:  My April Counterfeit Kit, "Film Noir" may have been inspired a bit by our upcoming trip to Tinsel Town!  I knew there would be some good photo ops and maybe even a celebrity sighting!  Well, we didn't see any celebrities, but we did have a blast!

Here's my layout for Challenge #3 - Be inspired by Spring...or in this case, Spring Break!




Well, we are back home and back to reality, but I am happy to report that it FINALLY feels like Spring in New Jersey!  It's always fun to visit someplace new, but there's no place like home!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. All that sunshine and golden sparkle make me think of warm weather. Looks like a fabulous holiday and a beautiful layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect photo for your kit and I'm very impressed that you're back to scrapping so soon! I always feel like a need a vacation when I get back from a vacation...The viewmaster reel is a perfect spot to commemorate the where and when, and I love the fun cluster of embellishments you added to it. Looking forward to see more beautiful California layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot closer to the Hollywood sign then we did. :) Love all the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and it sounds like you had a wonderful time on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love this :D
    Love the B-L-I-N-G gold alphas & all the vellum goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is so cool! I love what you did with the title and the view reel very clever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect mix of bling and glitter on your layout for your sparkly topic!!! great page and I agree that you're back to it really fast!
    Its a great layout and the photo is a wonderful one. Glad you had a fab time but I agree that there's no place like home! Glad to have you back in the fold!

    ReplyDelete