Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge November Reveal and Blog Hop

Welcome to our November Reveal!  The full report on this month's offering begins at the Counterfeit Kit Blog, so go here if you'd like to hop in order.  This month we are featuring a kit from "Scrapbooks & Cards Today" entitled, "Fabulous Fall". 

 You've probably seen the full layout of the kit in the previous stops on the hop, so I grabbed this photo from the website that gives you sort of a mood board feel for the kit.

I soaked up these photos and then proceeded to counterfeit purely going on intuition and feel.  No matching of exact papers...no trying to copy embellishments.  Just grabbed what spoke to me from the "autumn department" of my scrapbook store...I mean STASH!  Sometimes it's best not to overthink it.

Here's what I came up with...



Since I just LOVE my printer's tray, "Tray o' Plenty" seemed like an appropriate name for the overflowing and over-abundance of scrap supplies I have at my fingertips.  I do feel very fortunate and blessed to have so many fun supplies.


So thankful for my scrap-bestie who always showers me with goodies.  Fellow Master Forger, Leslie (you will visit her next in the hop) sent me those FAB wood veneer owls and leaves, kraft doilies, metal clip birdies, tickets and pointer stickers!  That's MOST of my kit!


Sorry for the glare...this was the only time for my photo shoot and the sun was quite bright.  The little American Crafts 6x6 pad called "Autumn Crisp" plus a DCWV "Spiced Cider" paper pad are going to serve as my papers this month.  Throwing in paper pads (and we ALL seem to have many of them) is great for quick kit building and actually using them up (or at least making a dent).  All coordinated and ready to go!  Definitely remember that when time is short, but you still want to build a kit.

Well, Ms. Scarecrow and I are going to start digging in to the supplies!  Be sure to link up your kit to November Mr. Linky.

Here's the order of the hop!

A warm welcome to Guest Designer and fellow Jersey Girl, Binty!  
So glad to have you with us this month!



Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Great choices for a fall kit, and I love your printers' tray, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh!!! Soooo wow on your beautiful presentation!!! Its so appealing... with your autumn, pumpkin and scarecrow theme... LOVELY! I love the spiced cider collection... suits perfectly! Would love to play in your wooden box of embellies... looks scrumptious! What fun with this kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ace kit full of plenty of bounty. Fun staging, i think this is my favourite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful kit! I'm liking this theme that a feew of you all are using pulling out all your autumn items and putting it in your kit. I do enjoy the idea about the paper pads too. I just might do that and have at least one in mind and your right it would make a dent in the pad and it all will match :) Sweet tray of goodies too

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful collection. love the wood veneer owls. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Love your props! That paper pad goes perfectly! Fab embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit and the printer's try runneth over. Looking forward to you projects. Such sweet embellishments.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  8. As ever, you win on the presentation of the kit! Fabulous and inspirational! Love it. What a lot of wonderful things from Leslie and what a great kit. Autumnal and happy and just inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your quick kit tip to use those paper pads! Happy to have enabled a little stash building this month, hehe :D As always, an inspired presentation, clever title, and scrumptious kit. Only thing missing is the sound & smell effect of crunching & burning leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous scarecrow! Your presentation always floors me, I love all your kit items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great approach to build from the ambiance. You are always coming up with new tricks.

    ReplyDelete