It's a rainy day here in the northeast. A perfect day to stay in and kit.
This month Master Forger, Susan chose a collection pack for us to counterfeit.
"Indigo Hills" by Pink Fresh Studio is a bit modern for my taste, but there's always a way to approach the inspiration when it doesn't speak to you.
My eye was immediately drawn to the indigo blue and yellow, so that's the way I'll tackle my kitting.
Here's my take called...
"Scrappin' in the Rain"
Let's take a better look inside the umbrella to see the extras...
Touches of gold mimic the inspiration. I'll be "showering" my layouts with more goodies than shown here as the month goes on. I was having trouble gathering things that "worked" so I may have to take my lead from the specific layout I'm working on at the moment.
And the papers...
Classic papers from My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey and Authentique feel like the right fit for me. The yellow and blue combination is a favorite of mine.
Let's welcome our guest designer, Kelly! We are so happy you are playing along with us this month.
Be sure to hop along (and jump through rain puddles, too!) to all of the other Master Forgers.
Now I must go and bring in those supplies as rain and PAPERcrafting supplies don't mix!
- Guest Designer Kelly Barron: http://kaybeetoo.blogspot.com/
- Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
- Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
- Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com
- Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
- Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
- Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
- Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
- Lesley: Oh! Blog It!
- Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by!